Reach Drug & Alcohol Services
News Flash: Did you know, you can now get needle exchange supplies posted to you for free? REACH is working with Exchange Supplies on a new service called NSP Direct. It’s all done though your recovery worker and is just so easy. To find out how you can join this service click here
Reach Drug and Alcohol Services offers support to those over 18 who wish to address their drug and alcohol use. It offers:
- Advice & information for drug and/or alcohol users or anyone concerned about someone’s use (friends, family, employers)
- Prescribing options, delivered by Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust
- Harm reduction interventions and Needle exchange
- Group work programmes
- One to one key working
- Whole Family support and interventions
- Aftercare and post treatment programmes and activities
- Accredited mentoring courses
- Young People Substance Misuse advice, information, brief interventions and engagement delivered by Essential Drug and Alcohol Services
- NSP Direct – needle exchange supplies and naloxone posted to your home discreetly and in complete confidence.
We have three hubs (Christchurch, Gillingham and a bright new spacious building in Weymouth), and a number of satellite services, across the county where you can get support. Take a look at our new brochure here
Reach offers one to one support and a number of different groups across the county. Opening hours are available to download on our Contact us page. Out of hours appointments can be arranged by appointment in most locations.
Friends and Family support
There is a group which meets fortnightly via zoom, with the aim of providing confidential, mutual support and care with no judgement on you or your loved one.
- 2021 dates meeting at 6.30pm – 7.30pm:
13th & 27th January
10th & 24th February
10th & 24th March
7th & 21st April
- Joining Instructions:
Meeting ID – 910 5306 2262
Passcode – 171455
You can call us to find out what support is available to you in your area on:
0800 043 4656
If you would like to refer someone to Reach you can do this at https://pds.drugreferrals.com.
If you are in need of help and support for your mental wellbeing, a new helpline has been launched by Mind especially for people living in Dorset. Lines are open from 9am – 11 pm. Please call:
Reach Drug & Alcohol Service is a Dorset County Council commissioned service provided by a partnership between EDP Drug & Alcohol Services (EDP), Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership Trust (AWP) and Essential Drug and Alcohol Services (EDAS).
We want to keep people safe, so for those who are taking substances, please follow the advice detailed in our harm minimisation guidance.
Support in Dorset
In addition to our useful library of resources to help you stay well, focused and on track in your recovery, we have some specific services that may be of benefit to our Reach clients and their friends and family:
Find out about our remote relative support group HERE
Find out about the dangers of drug driving in Dorset and access support right across Dorset from our partner agencies in this specially produced leaflet
Take a look at the wide range of groups on offer below through Reach, many of which are continuing to operate remotely.