Together Drug & Alcohol Service, launches on 1st April 2018 with the aspiration to support people to build healthy lifestyles, healthy relationships, healthy families and healthy communities. Anyone aged 18 or over can come to Together Drug & Alcohol Services for support.
If you would like to speak to someone regarding your drug and/or alcohol use please contact:
0800 233 5444
Together Drug & Alcohol Service is committed to:
- Person-centred support: Our aim is for a service which responds to what is most important to each individual, building on people’s strengths and the things which interest them.
- No door is the wrong door and every contact counts: We work collaboratively with other organisations, with the aim that people only tell their story once and can get more than one service in one place. We make sure there are many different ways for people to use our service when and where it is needed across Devon county and online.
- Collaboration with other organisations: We work closely with other organisations to pool collective local knowledge, skills and resources. We will make a step-change in joining up the different services people use and improving the system.
- A family and community focus: We understand that people make changes where they are, in their families and the communities where they live. We will support people to make these connections.
- Working with rather than for people: Individuals know what will best support them to make changes. It’s important to us that people using our services can help us design and develop new approaches. We will continue to ‘co-produce’ new initiatives, which will strengthen support networks and communities.
- Recognising Trauma: Many people who have difficulties with alcohol and drugs have been affected by experiences of trauma. We will work in a way which recognises this and gives the right support to people.
Service Delivery Locations
Together Drug & Alcohol Service will operate from three main Hubs in:
- Newton Abbot
We will also have staff based at CoLab in Exeter.
Services will also be delivered from a number of satellite services in:
Staff will visit other towns on a regular basis.
Who are Together Drug & Alcohol Service?
Together Drug & Alcohol Service is a Devon County Council commissioned service provided by a partnership of EDP Drug & Alcohol Services (EDP), Devon Doctors and Devon Partnership NHS Trust (DPT) which will be supported by the Devon Together Alliance (DTA). DTA is a formal partnership of Devon-based organisations offering support people with complex lives. Current Alliance members include EDP, Devon Doctors, DPT, Exeter Community Initiatives (ECI), Freedom Community Alliance, SAFE (Stop Abuse for Everyone), Shekinah, Westbank and Westward Housing.