Support Workers – HMP Exeter
Location: HMP Exeter
Hours: Full Time, 35 hours per week (to include some weekend working)
Salary: £17,675 – £18,685 per annum depending on experience
We’re looking for two Support Workers to join our Integrated Substance Misuse Service within HMP Exeter. As a Support Worker, you’ll work as part of a wider team within the prison supporting individuals with their drug and alcohol misuse issues. You’ll have the chance to learn and develop, and will be given all the support you need to build your career in substance misuse.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing basic recovery focused psychosocial support
- Providing individuals with important health and harm reduction information and advice
- Working with clinical teams to monitor and observe individuals during the administration of their medications
- Contributing to the continuity of care through effective liaison with partnership agencies
- Undertaking key administrative tasks including the collection and inputting of data onto information systems
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a Support Worker who:
- Has experience working in a similar role or environment
- Has some knowledge of substance misuse problems
- Is able to develop constructive therapeutic alliances with service users whilst maintaining professional boundaries
- Is an effective communicator, comfortable with conveying key information in writing and verbally
- Is proficient with administration and IT, particularly using databases
- Has experience of managing their time, workload and priorities
- Has a genuine interest in the understanding of substance misuse problems and a positive recovery focused attitude
Whilst not essential, other relevant experience to the role of Support Worker could include administering drug and alcohol tests, working with people with drug and alcohol problems, assessment and individual care planning, and/or involvement in delivering a range of evidence based psychosocial interventions in 1:1 and group-work settings.
How to apply
For further details and instructions on how to apply for this role please download a Candidate Information Pack, EDP Application Form and Equal Ops Form.
Closing date for applications is noon on Wednesday 10th March 2021.
Remote interviews will be held 19th and 22nd March 2021.
Please ensure that you quote reference number 19.21 on your application.
EDP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates are subject to additional checks including DBS (to the appropriate level) and prison vetting – details will be specified as part of the vacancy details. Outcomes of these additional checks will be considered before any offer/appointment is confirmed.