Alcohol Liaison Specialist Nurse – Barnstaple
Location: North Devon District Hospital (Barnstaple)
Hours: Full Time, 35 hours per week (Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm)
Salary: £32,414 per annum
EDP Drug and Alcohol Services are a thriving charity providing services across Devon and Dorset, in the community and within prisons. We’re passionate about supporting individuals who face complex issues, including substance misuse, mental ill health, and other harmful, addictive and offending behaviour, to improve their lives.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our busy and dynamic team in a brand new position as an Alcohol Liaison Specialist Nurse.
Our clinical service delivery includes opioid substitute therapy, detoxification from drugs and alcohol, blood borne virus interventions and nurse-led health care. Our model is an integrated one where clinicians and non-clinicians work closely together to provide a holistic package of care and the service works closely with other organisations across the system to better support people with complex lives.
As an Alcohol Liaison Specialist Nurse, you will work together with Clinical Services Director, Hospital Service Manager and EDP’s Hospital Liaison Workers to develop the services we provide in hospital. This role will improve the quality of care and work towards reducing hospital admissions due to alcohol misuse and reduce the length of stay.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a highly motivated individual prepared to play a key role in continuing and developing multi-professional and evidence-based practices.
In addition, you will also have the following:
- First Level Nurse RGN/RMN qualification (essential)
- You will have the ability to be able to deliver teaching sessions on identification, brief interventions and management of patients/service users with alcohol-use disorders
- You will have a genuine interest in developing your skills and in return, you will be supported in their professional development.
- You will have excellent communication and time management skills, able to communicate at various levels and able to manage a busy workload
Benefits of working with EDP:
EDP can offer you a real opportunity for new, challenging and highly rewarding experiences. In return for your commitment and enthusiasm, we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Competitive salary of £32,414 per annum
- Excellent training and development opportunities, including access to CPD, networked peer groups, regular clinical supervisions and fully supported appraisal and revalidation structures.
- Generous annual leave allowance commencing at 25 days, plus 8 days for Public Holidays.
- Enhanced Pension Contributions
- Cycle to work scheme
- Paid mileage for travel between hubs
- Fantastic Employee Assistance Programme and wellbeing initiatives with a free Headspace membership.
- Positive working environment with 97% of staff feeling they have a good relationship with their teams and 94% of staff feeling valued and supported by their manager!
- Flexible working opportunities
How to apply:
If you would like to join our team, supporting service delivery and care to service users within the Together Drug & Alcohol Service, we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please click Apply Now to complete our application form.
If you would like further information or an informal conversation regarding this role, please contact Lead Independent Prescriber Clare Moore, email@example.com or Paloma Kiley, Clinical Services Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications midnight on Monday 15th August 2022
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 24th August 2022.
Please ensure that you quote reference 89.22 on your application.
EDP is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable adults and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates are subject to additional checks including DBS (to the appropriate level) and prison vetting – details will be specified as part of the vacancy details. Outcomes of these additional checks will be considered before any offer/appointment is confirmed.