Hot Foot Enterprises
Hot Foot Enterprises, one of EDP’s social enterprise initiatives, uses our ‘Recovery through Social Enterprise’ model which supports people in prison accessing our recovery services at HMP Dartmoor.
EDP invests in creating enabling environments which support people to unlock their potential and achieve recovery through a socially enterprising approach. We see the power of social enterprises; how they can inspire and harness people’s entrepreneurial spirit and support the development and application of business skills for tackling social problems, improving communities and the environment.
Hot Foot Enterprises:
- Supports those already in prison to move on and rebuild their lives
- To develop new skills in designing, manufacturing and marketing of products
- To provide a programme of activities to enhance existing life skills such as communication, assertiveness and health and wellbeing
- To support with job skills such as CV writing
- To develop business and self employment skills
- Enables those in prison to give back to society before they leave custody
- To create products which will be used in community spaces
- To identify charities to support through the profits made by Hot Foot Enterprises