Coronavirus COVID-19 Our Services
Our Services – Keeping you updated
- To keep everyone safe we are asking all staff, volunteers and service users NOT to come to our services or the community pharmacy if you think you might have symptoms of coronavirus. Instead please phone us.
- We are working hard to make sure that our Harm reduction services remain open for you.
- Needle Exchanges – please check the opening times of your local service as their opening hours may have changed.
- Naloxone we will be making sure that as many people as possible have naloxone and will continue to provide training and advice through leaflets and on the phone where we can’t see you in person.
- We are setting up systems so that we can keep in touch with you if you aren’t able to visit the service. You may be contacted by your key worker over the phone or using Skype or other digital technologies. Please discuss with your worker what method you would prefer. Your service may also be offering group work over video calls or Facebook, talk to your service about what alternative support is available to you.
What will happen when I phone the Single Point of Access Number (0800 number)?
A fully qualified member of staff will assist you with a telephone referral which is likely to include booking an initial assessment appointment. Find out more about the whole process